Wednesday, July 16, 2008

this is what really grinds my gears

no idea's original, there's nothing new under the sun

it's never what you do, but how's it's done

- nas "no idea's original" from the lost tapes



maybe it's me because i'm still kinda new to this blogging thing but it irks the hell outta me to see a damn near plagarization of my words relatively near my original words with no reference to my words, no shout-outs, no nothing. i mean, damn. can a sista get some love? i understand how easily accessible anyone's random thoughts are nowadays with every tinitra, dylan and asha having a blog. and while i'm not expecting to see my name in the footnotes, it would be nice if someone credits you in some way if they are going to "expand" upon your thoughts. it's only right. usually, you'll see "re: so-so" in a comment thread so you know that someone is responding to someone else's comments before them. it's keeps things in perspective, especially if someone goes off on a tangent somewhere along the way. but it also furthers the conversation into an area that the original author may not have thought of. so, while "no idea's original, there's nothing new under the sun", i really don't want to see my words re-arranged and re-posted by someone else (on the same site no less!!!)


ok, now that i've gotten that outta my system, stay tuned for some more things that "really grind my gears".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that Nas' quote is paraphrased from the Bible.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. ( KJV)

I'm not being sarcastic.

asha said...

welcome to TGOTG, anon. thank you for the scripture lesson. I've read the Bible growing up but I am by no means a biblical scholar so I went with what I knew. I know hip-hop and I know nas. I have so many things to post. I hope you stay tuned. thanks again.